How is 2012 over so fast? And yet I was just in the thick of it all.
I know I know, I have tried a few times to shut down this blog as I “move on” to other things that have caught my heart and attention. But I keep going back to this blog, where I started sharing my writing voice to others outside my “real life” circle, and where I wrote my way through personal challenges and a self-discovery journey of sorts.
I’ve changed soooo much since I began writing here.
I can’t count the number of times I’ve re-written my about page. Only to bring back the original one, with a just a little bit of revision.
But that’s life, right?
We grow up. We evolve. We become.
I’ve only been a mother for 4 years now going on 5 and yet it feels like I’ve been a mother for ages. Probably because the ways my life has shifted in these past 4 years I’ve been a mother have been the most epic, most terrifying, and most profoundly satisfying.
- learned how to cook nourishing food (yes, this is EPIC!) and make a home for my family from scratch
- abandoned my childhood faith and discovered (and still discovering) a spirituality that fits
- lost friends + tribes and found new sisters of the kindred kind
- let go of the work that defined most of my adult life and embarked on a new livelihood path that feels awfully vulnerable
- redefined my ideas of what it means to be a good mother and be a happy wife
- prioritized taking care of myself and my dreams first and wrestled with how I want balance wholeness to look like and feel in my life.
Oh and there is so much more old things to release and new things to welcome in.
And yet, there’s a whole bunch of old things that we need to hold on too.
I realized that just because things change and shift doesn’t necessarily mean it’s time for good-bye. I don’t want to say good-bye. Things will just have to be a little different around here (well, it’s been a lot different but I never accepted the fact that it will be different. I wanted things to be the same.)
Also? I am going to be a mother for a really long time. I will have lots of things to write about. And grow through. And figure out.
And share with all of you.
I know that sharing our stories and our truth is so good not only for our own souls but also for others who resonate with them.
So I will keep sharing. For as all as you keep reading!
It’s been such an honor for me to write and share about my life at home (and beyond) here. And I wanted to thank you. Like, really really thank all of you.
I have some ideas on how to make my gratitude more tangible. And I will share them here soon.
In the meantime, Happy New Year to all!