I love the New Moon. I now anticipate my monthly flow, expectant of the subtle shifts I need to make space for in my life. I wrote on my other blog how it’s sort of like starting over every month, a blank new page waiting for a new chapter. And so today, I share some inspiration I found over the weekend that I want to weave into our home life for this next week or so.
As you can see, most of my life at home revolves around food, and because, well, we have to eat 3 times a day and more. And this year is about (In) Joyment with what we have. So as much as I try to be healthy, I want the food we eat to be the kind we look forward to eating because it tastes delicious. Because what’s the point otherwise, right ?
So here we go. Oh, and I included some inspiring arts and crafts that I might actually do with my little one because I really want to. This really is the key to being happy anytime anywhere: Know what you really want, do it and be thankful for the rest.
- Buckwheat Pancakes with some chia seeds thrown in
- Cranberry Muffins substituting spelt flour instead of whole wheat + replacing agave with dates
- EggsBaked Over Sauteed Mushrooms and Greens I could eat this everyday!
- Maple Pecan Quinoa Porridge
- Sweet Potato Waffles with Coconut Flour
- Kale Bacon Quiche for the weekend!
Lunch and Snack Ideas for me and Naomi
- Kale Salad with Pine Nuts and Parmesan
- Sardine Greek Salad (yes, my little girl eats sardines!)
- Sweet Potato Vichyssoise I can’t wait to make this and eat with my salads this week! If I were vegan, I totally will make Sarah’s recipes all the time!
- Green Pea + White Bean Soup
- Smoked Salmon Panini and maybe add some spinach or arugula
- Brie and Goat Cheese Panini with Bacon (OMG. I can’t wait to eat this!)
Dinner: Mostly paired with a salad of some sort
- Soup Night: White Bean with Bacon Soup and Monte Cristo…Yum…
- Pasta Night: Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Taco Night: Tilapia Tacos
- Pizza NIght: Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Spinach
- Filipino Night: Pork Menudo, a comfort food I grew up with
Snacks and Treats and More
- Bliss Balls (I am thinking of using hazelnuts, cacao, chia seeds, dates, and coconut flakes with a bit of cayenne pepper.)
- Hazelnut Gruyere Crackers: Can’t wait to make these!
- Citrus Ginger Beet Kvass
- Ube Bread…I’m really craving these!
- Fresh Margarita
Arts and Crafts with N
- Q Tip Art Pattern
- Rain Painting
- Patterned Paper Chain I LOVE this. I was just thinking about making another fabric garland but this is probably something N could help me with!
Handmades by Mama
- Easy Baby Afghan I’m hooked on crocheting these days because it’s so super easy! I want to make this for a friend’s baby.
- Circle Skirt: I’m in Love!
- Braided Flower Headband! Oooh. I really like this too!
What about you? What are you crafting this week or so?